Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Feels Like College

I'm surviving on pop tarts and Mt. Dew, my roommate gets all the attention from the hot guys here and she keeps passing out because of all the drugs. It feels a little like college, but this time around my roommate is my mom and we're hanging out in a hospital so there's no need to put a towel under the door when my roomie uses drugs.

My mother, Wheezy, had spine surgery yesterday. After eight hours of waiting she emerged groggy and loopy. After she woke up her first words were, "Obama, Obama." I stayed the night and woke up every few hours to watch her get turned over and tested for various vital signs. I had planned to do some reading, but like college there are too many distractions here at the hospital. Friends have dropped by the visit (a few have offered to smuggle in some wine). Aunts and uncles have called to make sure we're okay while we're away from home. I was mooned earlier today by a guy in the hall. If I spot somebody with a keg, I'll know this really is college after all.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

Perhaps you can steal one of Wheezy's sheets and make a toga to complete the feel. Bed pan party favours?!

Glad she's doing well, the Obama thing gave me a giggle. :D

Amanda-The Family News! said...

Oh yes - turn it into a TOGA party!!! Hilarious!
I hope she's doing well!!!

Sarah McBride said...

if you are at CMC the cafeteria has really good cake....

Sarah McBride said...

I hope that didnt come across as an insult. I just meant if you were tired of Mountain dew...
I have spent lots of time in hospitals with my oldest son and I cant tell you how long I lived on Mountain dew and cheetos and cake!!

Debra said...

Ramona,
I hope Wheezy feels better each day.
Debra

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl!

I am so glad to hear that Wheezy's surgery went OK. Let me know if I can do anything for you and mama!

Talk to you soon.

Davey @ Apple
www.daveyknits.com

Ramona Holloway said...

Mom was transferred to a rehab facility today. There were a few confused residents. The Togas might send them over the edge!