Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Sharing Talent

Like most jobs, mine offers an unhealthy dose of stress, but there are also amazing perks. One of those perks arrived in the mail today. His name is "Sam." Sam, a portrait of a farmer, was a gift from artist Tammy Lindey. She isn't the first artist to share her talent with me. Painters, sculptors, poets, singers, songwriters, beautiful jewelry from Beverly Grant. Wow! One particular artist named John has simply dropped off amazing oil paintings and sculptures at the radio station!

I'm so grateful for those gifts and the gifts that know no price tag as well. A listener named, Brenda shared a gift too. It was her heart delivered in the form of an e-mail. Upon hearing that my mom will be having surgery she offered prayer and encouragement.

I'm so grateful.

4 comments:

Amanda-The Family News! said...

I hope all is well with your mothers surgery..

amanda - listener in SC!!!

Unknown said...

I too wish to share my encouragement-your relationship with your mom seems to be very close. That is something very special. Be blessed and know that people out there are good and kind. I will send my prayers your way.

Ramona Holloway said...

Mom is on the mend. We're both impatient and want her back on her feet YESTERDAY. I keep reminding myself that this is a "season" of healing, not just a few days or a week. Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!

Ramona Holloway said...

Mom is on the mend. We're both impatient and want her back on her feet YESTERDAY. I keep reminding myself that this is a "season" of healing, not just a few days or a week. Thanks for the prayers and encouragement!