Sunday, September 28, 2008

Scared Green

I don't need Al Gore's global warming threats. Last year's drought followed by this year's gas shortages have me scared green. Water isn't as scarce as it was in September of `07, but now my fears about my faucets drying up have been replaced with fears that I won't find gas before my tank runs dry.

So, now I'm putting as much thought into conserving water and gas as I am into conserving money at my favorite shoe warehouse. Not long ago I was the woman who took 10 minute showers. I'd hit every department store to find a particular shirt I want in my size. Now I watch the clock when the water is running and I only hit a store's other locations if I happen to be in the area. Combining errands, patronizing the restaurants closest to home, one-stop shopping... I've got a new green attitude!

No comments: