Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Pimpfant

We spotted him on a cruise ship that had just left San Juan, Puerto Rico. No older than 3, he was wearing a red speedo, gold chain with a large crucifix, a gold bracelet and a shiny gold ring. Despite the innocent brown eyes set in the big toddler head and the protruding toddler belly, he looked like a tiny playa! My friends and I dubbed him the "pimpfant." Too young to be a ladies man, too fly to be just a baby.

Since my first pimpfant sighting nearly ten years ago I have seen others. The Hip Hop pimpfant with the diamond-like studs in each ear... the preppy pimpfant with the tiny collar of his polo shirt popped and pointing toward the sky... and one of my personal favorites is the Walmart pimpfant with his spikey mullet. These little fellas may be small in stature, but they are big on style!

3 comments:

Amy said...

That is insane! It's amazing how some people allow their children to go out in public. Ugh! What's possibly even more frightening is that the parents chose the "ensemble," not the child. Good grief!

Thanks,
Amy - listener and fellow blogger in Taylors, SC

P.S. If you're interested, my blog is http://babylailai.blogspot.com/

Amanda-The Family News! said...

That is funny!!!!

Unknown said...

My secret-I sometimes go to hospital websites and check out the newborns as they are so precious -most are sweet and beautiful, some are INSANE! Basketball outfits, tiny Nike's, suits-suits! and chains. I mean, come on...after I had my babies they were lucky to have diaper I was so tired much less any matching clothes!