Monday, January 19, 2009

Am I too Old for a Sasha Doll?

I thought I'd reached by Obama limit. Thanks to my mom's obsession, I've had to watch countless hours Obama specials. MSN, NBC, CNN, HBO... he's everywhere! TV talking heads gather to speculate on what he'll say, what he'll do, where he'll go and what he'll wear. My mom can't get enough. When I manage to escape the Obamanation, she calls me back to the TV, "Ramonaaaaaaaaa, you've GOT to see this! Come quick!"

Last night she reminded me to call my godchildren to make sure the twins would be watching the Disney inaugural special. Tonight she made me watch the Disney special... and I loved it. The show fed into my secret Obama obsession. It's not Michelle's wardrobe. Its the girls (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Inauguration/story?id=6698562&page=1). I am totally fascinated by Sasha and Malia. The reserved smile of Malia, the ten year old and the dimpled grin of 7-year old Sasha absolutely delight me. When little Sasha had her moment with the Jonas Brothers I was smiling from ear to ear. If I was 7, I'd be begging my mom for Sasha and Malia dolls. The play set would come with a White House and a puppy to adopt. Toss in a few Sidwell friends and I'd be occupied for hours. Those girls could sell me anything. Move over Olsen twins. If somebody finds a way to market the tiny Obamas there may be hope for the economy after all.

1 comment:

Joe Jackson said...

yes! unless of course you are "buying it for someone else" then you could keep it in plastic as a "gift" for someone but you are not allowed to play with it. Just think in 10 years it'll be worth like $20 more than you paid for it!