Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Vajayjay Talk in Front of my Mom

I've been practicing my monologue for Saturday night's 2010 V-Day performance in Rock Hill.  This production of the Vagina Monologues benefits Safe Passage, a program that provides services for the victims and survivors of domestic violence.  Of course I want to do a good job, but I've been assigned a very troubled vajayjay.

This is my second time participating in a V-Day project.  The last time I did it I was assigned the angry vajayjay.  It was originally written for Whoopi Goldberg and it was sassy.  This time around I've been assigned one of the most controversial pieces.  Am I intimidated?  Heck yeah!  My mom will be in the audience.  While she loves to make me squirm by bringing up topics that NO ONE wants to hear their mom discuss, there are just some things that I feel very uncomfortable saying in front of her.  I haven't purchased her ticket yet.  I'm kinda hoping it sells out before then.

No comments: