Sunday, February 21, 2010

Charlotte Today is in for a Surprise

Anyone who knows me knows I have three basic fears... critters, cooking and vampires.  I'm worried that I'll be forced to face at least two of those fears while co-hosting Charlotte Today this week on WCNC.

I didn't ask many... okay any... questions when I received an e-mail from Colleen Odegaard asking me to hang out with her on her new show.  It sounded like fun, a new challenge.  It wasn't until I read about the show in the Charlotte Observer that I started to worry.  Larry Sprinkle's "Tail Waggers" segment would be a part of the show.  I'm totally cool with dogs.  I love my poodle, Henri.  He's even got his own profile on Dogbook (yes, I know Dogbook is corny and his name is pretentious).   The problem?  Cats!!!!!!!!!!!  Does Larry audition these cats or will we wind up with some gremlin with claws as long as Paris Hilton's extensions!?!?!  Either comedy or a 911 call will ensue.

The other issue is cooking.  I have limited success making toast.  I was hired about 10 years ago to do a cooking segment at a mall.  A chicken company was sending gymnast Mary Lou Retton around the country to teach people chicken recipes and they were pairing her with radio people.  The tour manager assured me all I had to do was introduce Mary Lou, smile and stir.  I stirred so hard that most of the chicken chunks tumbled out of the pan and started burning on the stove.

When  I told my mom about the Charlotte Today cooking segment.  She asked, "will you have to talk and cook at the same time?!?!"  Wheezy has already set her DVR.  She tells me she thinks I'll do just fine.  But I know she has set her DVR in hopes of recording something she can play for laughs at the family Christmas party.

I'm still looking forward to co-hosting.  It's a hoot to see Colleen shed the old anchor-tude and have some fun.   I'm just hoping that Larry tries to find a home for a dog this week and that the chefs lined up plan to make something like.... Koolaid.  And for the station now broadcasting the 2010 Winter Olympics, what can I bring to the table?
Well, there are those figure skating videos we did for the Matt and Ramona show....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just turned on the show...you are wearing a great dress. You look awesome.