Monday, January 4, 2010

New Approach for the Same Old Resolutions

Just read my blog entry from last year around this time.  I wrote,
"Every year I vow to eat healthier, drink more water, get more exercise, get more organized, read my Bible more, learn how to say "no," and do a better job of keeping in touch with loved ones."
I give myself a C for the progress I made last year.  I did drink more water and thanks to my little dog Henri, I walk more.  A new cell phone helped me to manage my schedule and contact list a bit better.  I'm grateful for Facebook because keeping in touch has gotten easier.  I did a better job of saying, "no" in 2009 (though I felt really guilty every time I did and sometimes I lied to get out of stuff).  So, I'm not bragging about reaching any big goals, I'm just giving myself a little credit for small gains.

Making the same resolutions that you did last year doesn't make you a loser if you're trying a new approach.  So this year, the healthier eating will focus on smaller portions.  I want to do a better job of living the Bible instead of just reading it.  A little bit of progress is what I'm shooting for so that next year I can look back on some small gains that made a big difference in my life. 

1 comment:

Moondoonie said...

I say aloud that I do not make resolutions but secretly, I have a list that runs out of the door. I like your approach; simple and doable. Thanks!