Sunday, January 17, 2010

Attitude Adjustment

Fearing that I was making too little progress toward my 2010 resolutions brought on a nasty case of the "woe is me's."  I know January isn't over yet. I've just been infected with the HWN virus.  That stands for Holloway Wants it Now!  Some of my worst (and maybe one or two of my best) decisions can be blamed on impatience. 

Thanks to an earthquake and a fetus my spirit is back on track. 

1)  Gotta give credit to the faithful earthquake victims in Haiti, who've been gathering nightly to praise God for just being alive, for teaching me a valuable life lesson about gratitude.  With a house lingering on the market and layoffs at work I must admit that my anxiety meter had been peaking. 

2)  Gotta give credit to Baby Harris.  Just over a week ago my co-host Matt Harris shared with me that three different doctors told him and his wife Amy that their unborn baby had a potentially fatal heart problem.  They went back for a check-up last week and the doctor couldn't find a problem.  Amy says she prayed for a miracle.  Thanks Baby Harris for teaching me a valuable lesson about hope.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Isn't wonderful how things - big or small - can change our attitudes?