Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Breathing Easier


I spent Tuesday morning at the hospital with Wheezy and her lung doctor. She's been awfully wheezy lately. After her nasty battle against pneumonia two years ago and fear that she might have lung cancer, you can imagine how relieved we were when Dr. Hendler said we had nothing to worry about. 

We found out she was using her inhaler too much, but not using her Advair enough.  It isn't easy to keep up with all the meds.  Her list of prescriptions takes up a page.  I carry her health folder with me all the time, but there are easier ways for caregivers and concerned adult kids to keep track of all the meds.  Consumer Reports has developed a free desktop ap that lets you privately keep track of medication history.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your post today has changed my life and my families. I have children with special health needs and my family has many people who have difficulty remembering when and what they took. Thank you!