Thursday, July 30, 2009

Ready, Set, Spoil

Don't blame me if your kids turn out rotten. As an auntie/godmother spoiling is part of my job. A weekend of ice cream waffles for breakfast never killed anybody. My twin godchildren are coming for a visit this weekend and Auntie Moma is preparing a whirlwind of activities and treats that will make those munchkins squeal!

I have a somewhat twisted goal. I love it when kids beg to stay at my house. I stand in the doorway waving goodbye thinking, "Yesssss! Mission Accomplished!" Of course someday they'll realize that most good moms don't let kids stay up all night or eat hot dog pizza for lunch and dinner every single day (http://www.ehow.com/how_5036787_make-hot-dog-pizza.html). Living so far away from family and many close friends means that I only get a few times a year to pour it on thick, so I try to make it good.

While my auntie/godmother job description also includes listening to frazzled moms vent and offering to help. If your kid whines all the way home from Auntie Moma's house, you just have to deal with it. :o)

No comments: