Monday, December 22, 2008

Peace and Prosperity?

Consider this my Christmas card to you. Overwhelmed by... frankly everything, I've skipped my annual card ritual. Three boxes of beautiful Christmas cards that I got for 75% off last January will go unused. I wonder if anyone will even miss my snail mail holiday greetings. After all, with so much yucky stuff going on in the world it would seem a bit frivolous and anti-green movement to send out dozens of cards.

My friend Rhonda (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6186810&order=&section_id=&page=2) cautions that just because a new year begins, it doesn't mean that the issues of the old year will simply melt away. So true. However, the new year does give us an opportunity to refocus. Buying a new calendar allows us to take a fresh look at the time ahead. Will there be challenges? Absolutely, but maybe we'll be better prepared to handle them thanks to the life experience we gained last year.

So, despite a war that seems unending and a really scary economy I shall still dare to wish you peace and prosperity. I'm thinking about sending about a hope letter for 2009. Perhaps we need good cheer more than ever before.

1 comment:

Stephanie Howes said...

Ramona you're right! Go for the peace letter! We all need some enlightenment every now and then. It could be a cheer up to someone in January! :)