Tuesday, December 2, 2008

December TV Blues

What a letdown. TV gives us the best it has to offer during November sweeps. Sweeps is the word TV folks use to describe the three months of the year when the top reality and scripted shows try their hardest to entertain us and the local news goes all out to scare the daylights out of us. Then comes December and there's nothing! No more "Project Runway" (http://www.bravotv.com/Project_Runway/season/5/index.php) and "America's Next Top Model." There will be few if any new episodes of "The Office," "Everybody Hates Chris" and "My Name is Earl." "Fringe" will probably be a rerun. Baby, I've got the TV blues and I'm starting to watch stuff that I know is not good for me. I'm on a slippery slope sliding into trash TV. HELLLLLLLLLP!

Oh, how I long to hear the cheesy announcer say, "THIS is DAHN-cing WITH the STAAAAARS!." My Monday night was shameful without it. What did I do instead? I am ashamed to say that I watched, "Real Chance of Love." Two VH-1 reality show brothers who are brothas call themselves the "Stallionaires." They are hoping to find TV love by making out with a rag-tag group of nutty women who've been given names like MILF, Bay-Bay-Bay, Cornfed and Risky. Please don't judge me. I know I shouldn't know this much about this trashtastic (http://www.vh1.com/show/dyn/real_chance_of_love/series.jhtml) show. You've got to understand that the only show I have to look forward to between now and February sweeps is the muppet Christmas special.

Perhaps someone out there can help. Is there a really good show I missed this season that I can catch in reruns? Please save me from "Real Chance of Love." Without your help I might start watching "Rock of Love Charm School." If you care about me, you won't let that happen.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Girl, all I'm watching lately is Food Network and HGTV. I set my DVR tonight for all the Christmas specials.

Wendy said...

Do you like Top Chef? It is four weeks into the season on Bravo - Wednesday nights at 10.

JDC said...

I think that you have to turn to Netflix at this time of year. We download the instant viewing to our TV. I cried over Kramer vs. Kramer this weekend.