Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Dream Guests

I've got a short list of dream guests.

1. Carter, Jimmy or Amy

2. Sasha or Malia (the most elusive and fun Obamas) http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5hk5atMZtp29Rx-J14X1haDCpYwIQ

3. Oprah (confident enough in my interview skills to believe I could make HER cry)

4. Cecily Tyson (a.k.a. Miss Jane Pittman. Yes, I'd be ignorant enough to reinact that final scene at the water fountain where her lips are shaking as she takes a sip)http://www.borders.com/online/store/TitleDetail?sku=074645895390

5. Jesse Ventura  (the Chuck Norris of politics)

Jesse is the best guest in the world. A monkey could interview him about politics and look like a Marconi/Emmy/Gracie Award winner. It doesn't matter what he's talking about.... the war, the economy, health care, gay marriage... he's got a common sense way of breaking down the politics that keeps me glued when he's on radio or TV. Props to you Mr. Body. I once made fun of the folks in Minnesota for making you their governor.  Now, Ah-nuld is thanking his lucky California stars that Jesse paved the way for a weight lifter to have big political muscles.

Last night I heard Jesse ask a question that I first read on as a "status" comment on the profile of a Facebook friend named Jerry.  Both wondered if a civil rights issue should be put up for a popular vote. What if slavery had been a ballot question back in the day? If, like Jesse, you examine gay marriage as a 100% civil rights issue, then the answer seems clear.

No comments: