Friday, August 7, 2009

All Good Things...

From time to time radio station execs (http://www.facebook.com/people/Neal-Sharpe/704680414) poll listeners about the on-air staff. Last week we got the results of a survey completed by 999 people. Thankfully 999 love the show. Sadly, 899 have no love for the "Ramona Hums the Hits Game." To the 100 who gave it high marks, you know what they say about all good things coming to an end? One of my Facebook friends said it best...
Cris Allen
Did you hum Taps for it?
So, farewell to my fun, "Name That Tune" tribute. Show tunes, gospel, pop, oldies, R&B, country... thanks to working in practically every format radio has to offer and getting singing lessons from a really old vaudeville performer, I know lots of songs. But as a music lover whose passion for the art far outweighs her performing talents (piano and guitar lessons didn't work out either) humming is the only thing I can do sort of well.

My birthday is this Tuesday, August 11th (http://www.almanac.com/birthday/index.php?day=11&month=8). The only thing I want is one last time to hum on the air. Is it too much to ask for?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I was one of the 100 I love the humming game it cracks me up sorry not because you are good at it because you are so bad at it. I love hearing Matt and Bandy make fun of you humming and making you laugh while humming. It is sad I will not get to hear it anymore :(

LostMommyManual said...

LOL! I was one of the 100 too!

Tracy said...

I don't remember being polled and I thought I was on every Link poll there is. But I do hope you hummed. I had to leave the car before you had the chance.

Oh, and I tried to have kids not during the Summer, though I did have a mid-December and early Jan, I think they will get to celebrate at school. And yes, I obsessed over it all pregnancy.