Monday, June 29, 2009

The Granny Panty Proposal

I've been called a prude on the radio... by my own mother (http://www.worldofwheezy.com/)! I've denied it. I thought a prude was someone who hated sex, but the dictionary definition is, "a person who makes an affected display of modesty and propriety, esp. in matters relating to sex."
So, perhaps Wheezy is right. After asking the question, "is it too old-fashioned to ask for a commitment before having sex" I decided that I should probably embrace the label.

My co-hosts Matt, Bandy and Doc (http://mattandramona.1079thelink.com/page.cfm?ID=294) all agreed that it was granny thinking to expect exclusivity before panties. But the majority of my friends who responded on Facebook backed me up:

Jennifer Nelson - I hope not, but maybe that is why I am still single!!!! Marv Placino - It makes for a romantic challenge! The goal should not be sex...the goal should be unconditional love.
Angela Eastland - Not at all. I waited until I got married and I feel like there's a higher level of trust. Julie Scott Rudisell - A committed, caring relationship never goes out of style...at least in my book! Jibril Hough - Is is old fashioned to obey God? Marie Fletcher Walton - No. Page Braswell-Goodman - Not at all! You should read "I Kissed Dating Goodbye" (http://www.joshharris.com/i_kissed_dating_goodbye.php) and "Boy Meets Girl". Gives girls (of all ages) something to think about.

If it makes me a prude to believe that sex is far more intimate than holding hands in public then I'll proudly wear a T-shirt proclaiming my prudishness. If you aren't ready for a P.D.A. at an amusement park, then you aren't ready for a private parking of your you-know-what you-know-where. Anything that has the potential to pass along a deadly disease or produce another mouth to feed DEMANDS a commitment.

Nine out of ten women will tell you that surrendering the panties too soon is a mistake if you've got your eye on the commitment prize. Sure, times have changed, but my mom says the power of the panties remains the same. Imagine what could happen if every chick insisted on accountability. It may be old-fashioned but hip huggers, Converse sneakers and neon colors (http://www.charlotteobserver.com/179/story/798317.html) were considered out of style a few years ago. Now they're all the rage again. So, I propose that we all vow to teach every little girl to get granny with the panties.

No comments: