Thursday, May 28, 2009

June is No Joke

The old saying goes, "what doesn't kill you will make you stronger." If I survive the month of June, I'm sure I'll be considered for the starring role in the highly anticipated "Wonder Woman" movie (http://movies.popcrunch.com/keri-russell-as-wonder-woman-sort-of/). June is always the month that gets me. Why not December with all of the holiday mayhem? I shop all year in preparation for December. I know what to expect in December. June just seems to come along and smack me upside the head with a wet bra every year. Is it just me?

June wraps up our busy Spring ratings period at work. By the time the month is over I will have flown to New York for a one day trip to the Gracie Awards, made a fool of myself in the Matt and Ramona Weird Variety Show (http://mattandramona.1079thelink.com/page.cfm?ID=114), celebrated by mom's 69th birthday, attended my nephew's graduation and hosted a station yard sale... all done while attempting to keep my house spotless because its back on the market.

Don't think for a minute that June of 2010 will be any less hectic. June is no joke! It will find a way turn your schedule upside down. And don't you dare complain about it. Whining about November or December might get you some sympathy, but you just have to suck it up when June leaves you broke and exhausted. Why? The stuff that gets crammed into the month is really, really good stuff. You've got Father's Day (http://www.askmen.com/entertainment/mrtech/43_tech_gadgets.html), weddings, recitals, anniversaries, graduations, summer vacations... it's just a matter of looking beyond all the details to fully embrace everything June represents. June celebrates love, accomplishments and recreation.

So if you're facing a hectic June, its probably because you've got a deliciously full plate. Bon Appetit!

No comments: