Monday, October 20, 2008

Grinding On Grandma

From the hilariously limber moves of Warren, the big man, to comic relief provided by a seemingly confused Cloris, I laughed out loud last night during "Dancing with the Stars."
Susan, Toni, Maurice and the singer with the upside down tiara on her forehead can all go home tomorrow for all I care. I just hope the two celebs who turn the dance floor into their own personal stand-up routines will get to hang around for a few more weeks.

While Brooke may be earning awesome scores, if she had been picked for any other season of DWTS, she would've been considered slightly better than mediocre. None of the good dancers this time around are as exciting to watch as Kristi Yamaguchi, Mario Lopez, Drew Lachey or Mel B. But for pure entertainment I'd pit Warren Sapp against previous winner Emmit Smith and I'm positive we'd all get belly laughs from watching the charismatic football giants bust a move! I never thought there would be a pudgy dancer who could take the place of the late Fred "Rerun" Berry from "What's Happening" but Warren changed my mind.

Watching Corky, the professional partner of Cloris, fling her around, whisper in her ear and grind on grandma every week does make me a little uncomfortable at times. Forgive me for being so kinky, but I am thoroughly amused when I watch. Sometimes it looks like Cloris has forgotten where she is or that she's even supposed to be dancing. Is it an act? Maybe it just looks like that because Corky appears to be forcing the moves on her. When its time for judging, I suspect he's just trying to hold her up, but I feel like I'm watching a gigolo get frisky with my Nana on a cruise ship. It just makes me criggle (cringe and giggle at the same time).

Please, dear voters of America, put Cloris and Warren in the DWTS finals. With my shrinking 401-K and the negative presidential campaign, I could really use the cheesy entertainment.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OHHH MYYYYYY, I thought I was the only one who thought Corky looked like he was trying to get kinky with Nana.....I literally turned my head when he kept grabbing her chest towards the end of the dance! I love Cloris but Corky is sooo creeping me out! It looks like he is taking advantage of Nana! Warren is my absolute favorite...I can't believe how light on his feet he is for a big boy!

The Lady Rerun Show said...

Portia Berry Allen AKA Lady Rerun, Daughter of Fred "Rerun" Berry from the hit 70's tv show, "What's Happening!" would like to declare Tuesday Oct. 21, 2008, "Rerun Day" to celebrate his life, career and to bring into rememberence his passing on that day five years ago. Lady Rerun would like all of his family, friends, former co-workers and fans to remember the good times and the mind-blowing talent of Fred Rerun Berry. The Lady Rerun Show will be having a special "All About Rerun" show. If you would like to call in to show your love of Rerun or tell some funny Rerun stories, the show call in number is 347-539-5386.