Wednesday, August 4, 2010

In Good Time

I'd read somewhere that if you write down 9 things you want to happen in your life every single day for 30 days, you'll notice those things start to happen.  For about 60 days I wrote, "sell my house for profit."  Well, after 2 years on the market my house did sell, but at a major loss. 

While relieved I was unloading a huge financial burden, I wasn't exactly thrilled at first when people congratulated me on finally finding a buyer.  Taking a big check to closing to pay off the banks and realtor just didn't seem like much of a victory until I started signing my name, not my current name, my old married name.

I haven't used that name in 6 years.  When I purchased the South Carolina home I was a few weeks away from finalizing my divorce.  It dawned on me that the house was the last thing in my life that somehow tied me to my ex.  We'd picked out the house together, bickered over whether we should have a basement....  I moved into it counting the days until I could sell it. 

When the economy took a nose dive and selling the house turned into the impossible dream, I prayed God would help me get my money out of that property.  That wasn't the plan and silly me, that's not how God works.  If the house had sold two years ago, my Indianapolis property issues would still be haunting me.  If it sold two years ago I wouldn't be getting such an amazingly low interest rate (thank you Dover Mortgage).  I would've wound up paying big bucks for a builder to help me make some of the same mistakes I'd made before.  Now everything I thought I lost in getting rid of the mega-house, I'm gaining in the cute little Cape Cod I'm buying in North Carolina. 

Thanks God for giving me time to learn a few more lessons. 

No comments: