Monday, August 30, 2010

Finally Did It

First it was the furniture we shared, then the house we picked out together, now finally the ring!  I've been promising myself a trip to Diamonds Direct Southpark to have my old wedding ring redesigned.  My reasons for keeping it this long were equal parts sentimental and financial.  I'd sold most of the other jewelry my ex purchased for me, but the engagement ring and diamond ring wrap were the only pieces that had any real value. 

It didn't feel right to wear them yet keeping them made it seem like I was holding onto the past.  I came across them while packing my house.  Though I had a million other things to do to get ready for the move, I decided it was finally time to take action on the last reminder of the "til divorce do us part" chapter of my life.

The result? A beautiful ring that celebrates the twists, turns, trials and triumphs I've faced so far.  It represents how far I've come and how far I can go.  I'm thankful for it and for the lessons I learned during my marriage.  I'm even thankful for my ex and grateful for the courage and support that helped me move on.

I just can't stop staring at the ring... or thinking about the possibilities.  We're not bound by what we used to have or who we used to be.  There is life beyond loss and I'm here to tell you it can SPARKLE!!!!!!

1 comment:

Rosie said...

What a brilliant idea and beautiful ring. Good for you. Love how it does indeed signify the twists and turns! Wear it proudly.