Wednesday, March 10, 2010

1 Pound?!?!

Went back to the doctor last week.  I have to go every three months for a diabetes check-up.  Been making some small changes in my eating habits to help get "the sugar" under control.  Well, those small changes have brought me VERY small results.  After three months of cutting back on sweets and trimming my portions I've lost a whopping 1 pound.  1 itsy bitsy little pound. 

I figured its time for drastic measures.  1 pound in three months means I'll reach my goal right about some young preacher is giving my eulogy.  At first I thought I needed to hire a kung fu/bootcamp trainer to chase me around my neighborhood... or maybe a liquid diet that only allows me one sip of cabbage soup every four days.  I finally settled on a gown.  A gown 2 sizes too small to motivate me to lose weight before the Gracie Awards.  It's a gorgeous fucia silk Calvin Klein gown and get this... it was only $49.99.  I brought it home and hung it in a spot that would force me to look at it every single day. 

I've looked at it for five days now.  The color is starting to remind me of cake frosting.  Dang, that dress is making me hungry!  I'll probably take it back this weekend... before the store's return policy forces me to keep it.  Why not try to crash diet my way into it?  I've been crash dieting since the age of 11!  I need to stick to the healthier methods of taking the pounds off.... or should I say "pound" off. 

The small changes in my diet can lead to bigger changes if I stick with the program.  Bigger changes will eventually lead to a smaller, healthier Ramona.  I've got an appointment to see my doctor three months from now.  I've promised her that by then I'll be down 2 pounds.

No comments: