Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The Hot Young Perspective

Me? Hot and young? It all depends on where I hang out. When my friend, who is a huge Jay-Z fan, dragged me to the rapper's 40/40 club in New York a few years ago, I felt far from young and hot. I have never felt colder or older. Why didn't someone tell me that the 40/40 uniform for women included stilletos, a halter, booty shorts and a cool hat? Not that I would have worn the uniform. It just would've been nice to know.

The line to get in the club looked like a hip hop video audition. We got in, because my friend looks hot and young. Walking through the packed bar I felt so overdressed and underappreciated. After awhile my friend got really annoyed. Jay-Z wasn't there that night and as we made our way from one room of pounding music to another, men tugged her and bugged her to get her attention. What was I doing? Well, one guy asked me to tap my friend on the shoulder to help him get her attention. Finally, I felt useful.

I have found a place where I feel really hot and young. The men there are always trying to get my attention. They want to engage me in conversation. They'd keep me talking all day if I let them. I get compliments on my hair, my smile and once a man went out of his way to let me know how good I looked in my sweats. I've been asked out for coffee, offered a ride home and one guy gave me a fistful of useful coupons.

Where is this magical place where an 80's girl can turn so many heads? I'll give you a hint. It's a place where 80's guys go to pick up their prescriptions! These aren't guys who partied in the 80's. They are IN their 80's. My hot spot is my local CVS! I live just a mile or two away from a large retirement community.

As a freshman or sophomore in high school it was so cool to be hit on by a senior. At the local CVS? Well, if the problem with men your age is immaturity. The pharmacy line has all the maturity you'll ever need.

2 comments:

SurvivingVonnegut said...

Hmmmm, perhaps it's time for me to find my local CVS. Maybe then I'd actually get some compliments that aren't in the form of Myspace comments that include ''LOL'' or ''OMG''.

www.milneroo.com

Kim said...

Wow, I always heard it was the grocery store. I am married but I will have to let my sister know that just went through a divorce.