Monday, April 12, 2010

Bargain of the Century

Thanks Rachel, thanks Dee-Dee, thanks Erin.  They were my Gracie Awards dress shopping posse.  We hit the road in search of an inexpensive, elegant dress for me to wear to the awards show next month in Los Angeles. 

Ignoring my body issues, they encouraged me to try on all kinds of dresses I would have usually ignored, mini dresses, one-shoulder dresses, brightly colored dresses....  There were a few rejects like this one.  But all the experimentation paid off BIG TIME at the Off 5th store.  We found an beautiful blue dress on the clearance rack, my favorite place to shop.  The original price tag? $1850.  I paid just $90!  KA-CHING! Bargain of the century!

More than just finding the best deal ever, thanks to the encouragement of the girls, I learned a few things about myself.  My arms aren't as bad as I think.  My legs are better than I think and the right dress can make baby look like she's got a little "back!"

Hollywood here I come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Watching shows like "What Not To Wear" have taught me to try on stuff I might otherwise be afraid of. Sometimes it pays off and sometimes it doesn't, but it is awesome that you found a dress you might have overlooked otherwise! And, I think your legs look really toned even in the rejected dress.