Friday, April 23, 2010

The Science of Clumsy

Food, colorful drinks, make-up, hair products, magic markers… I’ve fought all of the stain-makers and lost. Going to assume its just because I’m clumsy. Earlier this week I gave a Facebook shout-out to all the messy eaters and told them to give themselves a high five if they were rockin’ a food or drink stain. I was surprised to find that the M.E.S.S. (Messy Eater Stain Society) is a pretty big club.

Is it a problem with spacial relationships? Multi-tasking? Moving too fast for our own good?

Twice this week while getting dressed to head to WCNC’s studio for “Charlotte Today” I’ve messed up my shirt moments before I was supposed to leave the house. Monday while on camera I dropped bread pudding down my bra. There has GOT to be a reason why I can’t seem to stay clean.

Scientists have studied “clumsy” and found that some folks are just accident prone. They say its just as much a character trait as being good at math. In fact, 1 in 29 of us are messy by accident. Messies are more likely to be male than female. I would also venture to say we’re more likely to be humble (can’t be hoity-toity with a stain on your shirt) and far more likely to be seen wearing black!

No comments: